which load balancing type is good?

This is a question about CSS11501. My purpose is make web server's load factor as same as possible. There are serval web servers which sharing one VIP, root URL. These web servers have the same web contents.

I cannot deceide which load balancing method is better from aca and roudrobin. As a matter of course, I don't understatnd the mechanism of them. Please give me some advise. Thank you.

Reply to
fangyong.F
Loading thread data ...

When a connection can last a long time, you don't want to use round robin. I ran into a situation where using round robin would eventually overload a specific resource because certain connections lasted days or months and the algorythm just continues to send new requests. I moved to least connections to fix this problem.

Regards, Steve

formatting link

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

Thank you for your advice. I deceied to use "ASA" method because it is the only one can estimate load of servers. It seems like round robin will send requests to servers without any consideration.

Thank you again.

Reply to
fangyong.F

Thank you for your advice. I deceied to use "ASA" method because it is the only one can estimate load of servers. It seems like round robin will send requests to servers without any consideration.

Thank you again.

Reply to
fangyong.F

Thank you again.

Reply to
fangyong.F

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.