which cisco router?

Hello,

I'm not really familiar with cisco stuff so your help will be appreciated. I'm looking for a Cisco router with 2 x FastEthernet interfaces to work with 34Mbit traffic and max two BGP peers (full BGP route tables). However it is possible that in short time it will have to work with ~80Mbit traffic or more (Gigabit ethernet or ATM). It must have P2P detector to shape this particular traffic to given rate.

I thought of 7204 or 75xx, but isn't 7500 to old ?

Tired-of-nortel user.

Reply to
Piotr
Loading thread data ...

Yes, the 7500 series is definitely EOL. The 7200 series rocks, also may want to look at the 3825/3845.

Wil my 3¢

Reply to
Wil

i dont think there is 155 Mbps ATM on the 37xx / 38xxs, so 7200s would be better.

7200 is probably the most flexible IOS router and certainly one of the most common high throughput units - all the wierd stuff ends up on it......
Reply to
stephen

stephen wrote: > i dont think there is 155 Mbps ATM on the 37xx / 38xxs

Well, sure there is:

formatting link
Agreed that the 7200 is a much better choice though...

Wil my 3¢

Reply to
Wil

missed that one - our cisco SE was asked about this when the 38xxs came out and "no - there isnt and wont be an 155 M adaptor"

obviously someone with a bit more clout got them to change their mind.

Reply to
stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.