Exceeding Engineering Limits - What Happens?

Hi, I am trying to put together some documentation explaining what happens when some engineering limits are exceeded for the following metrics. Although I am familiar with a number of these metrics, there are many I am not.

If anyone could assist or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Even if you can only offer input to one metric. I would assume that some of these metrics may have hard limits and can not be exceeded, unfortunately I am not in a position to test.

CPU Utilisation Eg. Sustained very high CPU can impact performance & control & data plane processes.

Memory Utilisation Eg. High memory utilisation can impact performance & control & data plane processes.

Throughput (PPS) Eg. Packet loss, which can lead to re-transmissions and additional traffic.

Backplane utilization Eg. Packet loss, which can lead to re-transmissions and additional traffic.

Number of contexts/sec

Slot B/W

Switching capacity

Number of Logical Ports

Number of Etherchannels

MPLS Labels

BGP Peers/Routes

OSPF Adj/Routes

OSPF Interfaces

IGP Peers

RIP Adj/Routes

Static Routes

Routing Table Entries

MPLS TE Headends

Multicast PIM Neighbours

Multicast Routes

Number of VRFs

Number of Routes per VRF

Number of VLANs / SubIFs

Number of MAC Addresses

Max. Class Maps per Policy Map

Max. Policy Maps per Device

Number of Egress Policers

Number of Ingress policers

Utilisation (Redundant Infrastructure links)

Utilisation (Non-redundant Infrastructure links)

Etherchannel Utilisation

Etherchannel Member Link Utilisation

Discards

Error

RPL Lines

RPL Policies

POS Channel Utilisation

POS Channel Member Link Utilisation

BGP unique prefixes

Sessions

ATM PVC Traffic (aggregated)

Forwarding Entries

Reply to
[LiQuID]
Loading thread data ...

Hi Daniel,

You may wish to personally contact the Cisco Technology Developer Program Help Desk:

formatting link
Daniel, hope this points you in the right direction.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.