What Cisco ISO Debug Commands to Use to Find Problem Packets MAC Address?

==================================================================

***** Please BCC me in on any reply, not CC me. Two reasons, I am not on the Mailing List, and second I am suffering BIG time with SPAM from posting to mailing lists/Newsgroups. Instructions on real address at bottom. Thanks in advance. *****

Please BCC me by replacing after the "@" as follows: TLD = The last three letters of the word "internet" Domain name = The first four letters of the word "software", followed by the first four letters of the word "homeless". My appologies in advance for the jumbled eMail address and request to BCC me, but SPAM has become a very serious problem. The eMail address in my header information is not a valid eMail address for me. I needed to use a valid domain due to ISP SMTP screen rules.

"Boooomer ... Boom Boom, how are you Boom Boom" "Meoaaaawwwww, meoaaaaaawwww" as Boomer loudly announces intent Boomer is coming for attention Loved to kneed arm and lick arm with Boomers very large tongue Able to catch, or at least hit, almost any object in flight withing reach of front paws Boomer 1985 (Born), Adopted 04 September 1991

04 September 1991 - 08 February 2000 18:50

"How are you Mr. Sylvester?" "... Grunt Grunt" ... quick licks of nose Rolls over for pet and stomac rub when Dad arrives home and grunting Runs back and forth from study, tilts head as glowing green eyes stare for "attention please", grunts and meows, repeats run, tilt head and stare few times for good measure, grunts and meows Lays on floor just outside study to guard Dad Loved to groom Miss Mahogany, and let Mahogany cuddle beside Sylvester 1989 (estimated Born) Found in building mail area noon hour 09 Feburary 1992

09 February 1992 - 19 January 2003 23:25

"Hello Miss Chicago 'White Sox', how are you 'Chico'?" "Grunt" (thank you) ... as put out food for Chicago "MEEEEEOOOOWWWW" So loud the world stops A very determined Miss "White Sox" AKA "Chico" ... Cheryl Crawford used as nickname Loved to chase kibble slid down hall floor, bat about and then eat Loved to hook paw in dish to toss out a single kibble at time, dart at as moved, then eat ... "Crunches" Chicago "White Sox", "Chico" August 1989 (born), adopted 04 February 1991

05 October 2004 06:52 Quite "Grunts" .... as lay Chicago on bed for last time 04 February 1991 - 05 October 2004 07:32
Reply to
John L. Males
Loading thread data ...

MAC addresses are only locally significant as they will change from network to network as the traffic crosses the Internet. Unless the source of the packets is directly connected the MAC address will be of limited help.

debug arp should provide you with what you need.

WARNING: Be very careful in using debug commands on a critical router as they can produce a lot of output and the debug process runs with a high-priortiy PID.

Reply to
Brad

Newsgroup Reference: comp.dcom.sys.cisco

***** Please BCC me in on any reply, not CC me. Two reasons, I am not on the Mailing List, and second I am suffering BIG time with SPAM from posting to mailing lists/Newsgroups. Instructions on real address at bottom. Thanks in advance. *****

Please BCC me by replacing after the "@" as follows: TLD = The last three letters of the word "internet" Domain name = The first four letters of the word "software", followed by the first four letters of the word "homeless". My appologies in advance for the jumbled eMail address and request to BCC me, but SPAM has become a very serious problem. The eMail address in my header information is not a valid eMail address for me. I needed to use a valid domain due to ISP SMTP screen rules.

"Boooomer ... Boom Boom, how are you Boom Boom" "Meoaaaawwwww, meoaaaaaawwww" as Boomer loudly announces intent Boomer is coming for attention Loved to kneed arm and lick arm with Boomers very large tongue Able to catch, or at least hit, almost any object in flight withing reach of front paws Boomer 1985 (Born), Adopted 04 September 1991

"How are you Mr. Sylvester?" "... Grunt Grunt" ... quick licks of nose Rolls over for pet and stomac rub when Dad arrives home and grunting Runs back and forth from study, tilts head as glowing green eyes stare for "attention please", grunts and meows, repeats run, tilt head and stare few times for good measure, grunts and meows Lays on floor just outside study to guard Dad Loved to groom Miss Mahogany, and let Mahogany cuddle beside Sylvester 1989 (estimated Born) Found in building mail area noon hour 09 Feburary 1992

"Hello Miss Chicago 'White Sox', how are you 'Chico'?" "Grunt" (thank you) ... as put out food for Chicago "MEEEEEOOOOWWWW" So loud the world stops A very determined Miss "White Sox" AKA "Chico" ... Cheryl Crawford used as nickname Loved to chase kibble slid down hall floor, bat about and then eat Loved to hook paw in dish to toss out a single kibble at time, dart at as moved, then eat ... "Crunches" Chicago "White Sox", "Chico" August 1989 (born), adopted 04 February 1991

05 October 2004 06:52 Quite "Grunts" .... as lay Chicago on bed for last time 04 February 1991 - 05 October 2004 07:32
Reply to
John L. Males

debug out is sent to the consoleby default. How were you connected to the router telnet, aux, or the console?

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
John L. Males

debug should only be used for short periods of time for troubleshooting not on an extended basis so while syslog logging is possible it is not recommended.

To get the debug output sent to your vty session instead of the console use the command "terminal monitor" in global configuration mode. This could produce a lot of debug output and may overwhelm your telnet session so be careful.

Reply to
Brad

Reply to
John L. Males

To get the debug output sent to your syslog server use the command "logging host" in global configuration mode, where host is the name or ip address of the syslog server.

Reply to
Brad

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.