First Snafu After NT to 2003 Upgrade - No More VPN to Cisco Concentrator

You are right. Thanks for taking time to answer, and I apologize for providing so little to go on.

Up until yesterday, VPN was working fine. We had an NT 40 domain. We have several users who use the microsoft VPN client that is native to both Win2k and WinXP. (Start, Control Panel, Networking, Connect to Network at Workplace Using VPN).

The VPN terminal is a Cisco VPN Concentrator which allows Microsoft domain authentication for Microsoft VPN clients.

After upgrading the domain to Windows 2003, we can no longer connect. It looks like it passes the "verifying username and password" part, but then gives me the link protocol (734) error during the "registering your computer on the network" phase.

I will post to Cisco as well.

Reply to
tvtim
Loading thread data ...

Ok, so the most likely is that the Cisco is working differently with the Microsoft authentication now than with NT.

I am not an expert on this feature of Cisco routers however.

Microsoft even added RADIUS (IAS Server) to Win2000 since most such devices and modem banks didn't have Microsoft specific authentication.

I am NOT saying you must switch to RADIUS but I wouldn't be surprised if that were an option now, or even terribly shocked if that were required although I have NO information that says the "old way" won't work.

You can even do 'reasonable' cross-posting so that experts from both systems can help you.

It is better to cross-post (to a FEW newsgroups) than to send separate messages since everyone interested or able to help can participate and view all answers.

Reply to
Herb Martin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.