VTP probs after insert new 2960G with CNA4.1

Hi

All our switches (3550, 2950 etc.) were running since months perfectly. First we applied a 2960G in the network and configured it with the CNA 4.1. All vlans were synchronized to the new device and everything worked well. I configured some ports with the CNA as trunk and "Trunk-allowed VLAN" with one of the VLAN as example "4". Now to my problem ;-) After we inserted a second new 2960 switch, I can't set any of the 2960 family switches a port to trunk with only one vlan as "Trunk-allowed VLAN". If I set a port to trunk with Vlan 4 I can apply that setting but after a refresh the "Trunk-allowed VLAN" is set to "ALL" every time! The problem occurs only with all new 2960 series switches. All old (3550 or 2950) I can set "Trunk-allowed VLAN" only to 4 and that works fine. Could it be, that VTP has corrupted my settings on the new 2960 series switches? All vtp-parameters looked well on these switches and VLANS are also all defined and active.

Any suggestions? Thx Wayne

P.S. Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Reply to
Wayne
Loading thread data ...

"Wayne" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4572b03a_1...

It looks like that's a bug in the CNA because in the CLI I can set only some VLAN's but not ALL.

Regards Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.