VPN Internet Issues

Hello All, My client connects to a corporate vpn using cisco vpn client. When they connect to the vpn, their LAN goes offline. Their corporate client does not allow internet browsing while on the vpn. Is their a work around this issue? can I install a second nic card and put their LAN on that interface? thanks Glopin

Reply to
glopin
Loading thread data ...

Hello All, My client connects to a corporate vpn using cisco vpn client. When they connect to the vpn, their LAN goes offline. Their corporate client does not allow internet browsing while on the vpn. Is their a work around this issue? can I install a second nic card and put their LAN on that interface? thanks Glopin

Reply to
glopin

Reply to
glopin

glopin schrieb:

This is normal behaviour.

Yes. Local LAN or split tunnel can be enabled. Usually the admin of the VPN gateway has good reasons *not* to allow uncontrolled network access while connecting to the inside of a corporate network. That's best practise network security policy. This may be different, if the VPN tunnel terminates on the remote office's router and this box is controlled and conforming to the enterprises security policy.

This can be done physically, but won't help. Bringing up the VPN changes the default gateway on the VPN client. The routing rules are pushed from the VPN gateway to the client. If the rules don't fit, there won't establish a IPsec SA.

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.