Cisco VPN client, local LAN access and second NIC

Hi,

my question is about the "local lan access" using the Cisco VPN client.

When I establish the VPN, all the traffic is injected in the IPSec VPN. Checking the VPN client status (Status / statistics) I see that:

- in "tunnel details", the local LAN is disabled (nothing changes if I enable the "allow local LAN access" in the VPN client profile, as it is overwritten by the VPN gateway administrator)

- in "route details", the whole traffic is secured (no local lan routes and 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 in the secured routes)

However, I do need to access some resources locally and changing the configuration of the VPN gateway (allow the local LAN and add local lan routes) is unfortunately not an option :-((

Referring to the VPN client documentation, it states: "this feature (local LAN access) works only on one NIC card, the same NIC card as the tunnel". So I added a second NIC and configured the routing to the local resources via this second NIC but no way: when the VPN is established via the primary card still the access to local resources is prevented. I see that the routing table is correct and - when I initiate the traffic

- only the arp entry appears showing that the local resource is being contacted via the second card but no IP traffic is initiated on that path ... :-(

Do you know a possible solution / workaround to access the local resources in this scenario, by using a second NIC card or with whatever else solution?

Thank you in advance! Best regards. Diego.

Reply to
Diego Balgera
Loading thread data ...

Go to your IT department and plead your case as to why you need this ability. If they determine that the need out-weighs the security risk then they can make the appropriate adjustments on the VPN server or simply place you in another VPN group.

Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.