Best choice of a Firewall with VPN?

Hi all,

Just curious what you think is the 'best' choice of a Firewall with VPN?

Some points I find important:

- Easy to setup (reading the manuals should make things clear, without spending months to do so to figure it out; also clear step-by-step manuals included)

- VPN capable (Branch-Offices and Home users)

- VPN Client included

- NAT capable, but also non-NAT mode possible

- L2TP capable with NAT-Traversal (so one can use the standard MS client in Windows XP behind a NAT router on client side)

- It needs to be actively supported by the factory (firmware updates, VPN Client updates, etc)

- Possible to translate IP-ranges to other ranges when using VPN (Branch-Offices)

Hope to hear from you soon and I think it's interesting to others as well, as choosing a firewall is not that easy if you don't know many.

Regards, Arlé

Reply to
Arlé Mooldijk
Loading thread data ...

I've had good success with Sonicwall's for a number of years. Their Tech Support at times has suffered due to outsourcing to India, but their level 2 support is excellent.

I've used about 40+ boxen for 6 years or so, only have one fail due to hardware problems. Mostly they are solid as a rock, and easily configurable via a browser. Go with the Enhanced OS if you need to do any fancy routing. Or save money with the Standard OS if you have a simple environment.

Reply to
parkervt

Hello Arle

If you plan on supporting 100 or more users on your vpn solution. I would recommend going with a managed service provider like

formatting link

They have a robust platform that will provide you the ability to control the access rule policies better because they establish vpn connection over SSL.

Good luck.

Arlé Mooldijk wrote:

Reply to
Lourdes Alcantara

Hello Arle

If you plan on supporting 100 or more users on your vpn solution. I would recommend going with a managed service provider like

formatting link

They have a robust platform that will provide you the ability to control the access rule policies better because they establish vpn connection over SSL.

Good luck.

Arlé Mooldijk wrote:

Reply to
Lourdes Alcantara

Hello Arle

formatting link

Good luck.

Arlé Mooldijk wrote:

Reply to
Lourdes Alcantara

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.