VMPS question.

Hi all,

I'm using VMPS and everything's quite clear to me but the option "vmps-port-group" options like below

vmps-port-group WiringCloset1 device 172.16.1.1 port Fa1/3 device 172.16.1.2 port Fa1/4 vmps-port-group "Executive Suite" device 172.16.10.1 port Fa0/1 device 172.16.10.1 port Fa0/2 device 172.16.10.10 all-ports

May anyone explain me how useful could be that or, better, what really it does? Does it mean "allow IP 172.16.1.1 just behind Fa1/3 and Fa1/4" Which problem does it sort out? I can not figure out in which scenario this option could be really helpful.

I mean the idea underneath the VMPS is to restrict the VLAN to MAC addresses (assuming users are not able to spoof it) but why to use the IP and not the MAC address to resctrict which port the user can connect to?

TIA

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Yes with the above options I can constraint which ports a MAC address can be behind.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.