VDSL

Hi there !

I'm a little bit confued concerning the different DSL WICs. There seems to be a "multimode VDSL HWIC", the jack is labeled "VDSLoPOTS". Does this imply it's really just working on POTS lines? I'm looking for a card that's working with a "VDSL over ISDN" line from Deutsche Telekom and some hints how to configure this combination.

TIA

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler
Loading thread data ...

Cisco makes VDSLoPOTS and VDSLoISDN for the European market where ISDN is prevelent.

The HWIC-VDSL product seems to be VDSLoPOTS only.

They have several EHWIC for VDSL as well, for VDSLoISDN, it looks like you'll want the product EHWIC-VA-DSL-B

formatting link
I don't find any HWIC's for VDSLoISDN, just the EHWIC card referenced above.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre
1841. Won't it work at all or is it just unsupported in case of probs?

TIA

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

It doesn't look like Cisco has a solution for you with an 1841 and needing VDSLoISDN.

If you had a 1941 with the EHWIC-VA-DSL-B card, you'd be set...

But with the 1841, it looks like you only have the HWIC-VDSL which is VDSLoPOTS only..

I'd imagine that the EHWIC card is a slightly different form factor that wouldn't plug/seat correctly into an HWIC slot. I haven't compared any side by side though.

I'm at a point where I'd just take whatever throwaway router from the ISP, put it into bridge mode and run PPPoE off the router/firewall behind it.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.