VBS script to backup Cisco configs

Hello,

I need some assistance on a script I am writing. Its purpose is to backup running-config files from Cisco switches via telnet and TFTP.

I need to address the following problems...

1. All the DOS windows open at once, I would like them to open in order.
  2. All the uploaded file names are identical. Hence the previous ones are overwritten
  3. I would like the script to read from a text file of IPs

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

@echo off echo set sh=WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")>telnet.vbs echo WScript.Sleep 500>>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "password">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "en">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "password">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "copy running-config tftp://192.168.0.1">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "exit">>telnet.vbs echo sh.SendKeys "~">>telnet.vbs

start /realtime telnet.exe 192.168.0.10 (first device) cscript.exe //nologo telnet.vbs

start /realtime telnet.exe 192.168.0.11 (second device) cscript.exe //nologo telnet.vbs

del telnet.vbs

Reply to
thefunnel
Loading thread data ...

Hi

I don't know how to do this, but there is a great freeware tool which achieves the same

formatting link
I works really well for me.

Regards

Reply to
garethb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.