Upgrading a WS-X4232-L3 card

Hi,

I've got hold of a WS-C4006 chassis with Sup II and WS-X4232-L3 routing card. I've managed to upgrade the Sup II easily enough, but I can't seem to find where to get a newer IOS image for the X4232-L3. It's not easily found on Cisco.com!

Could anyone point me in the correct direction?

Also, does a Sup III come with routing functionality, without the need for the WS-X4232-L3?

Many thanks

Euan

Reply to
euan.webster
Loading thread data ...

Its directory is empty on the Cisco FTP site.

I think you're SOL for getting it from Cisco (being end-of-lifed in 2004, they had the replacement out for years before this, it seemed to take forever to have the cat4000 be EOL'd).

Maybe if somebody that used them way back when still had some archive copies. You probably aren't going to find much newer than 12.0(25)W5 some-sub-rev as it is, you aren't saying what you have now, although the docs say that 12.0(7)W5 was the first rev. Looks like a very short lived product, and there isn't anything but a couple tiny bug fixes in that range.

Yes. The Sup III can run IOS with L3 switching. Looks like a fairly recent switch rev on it (because it also ran on the current catalyst4500 as well).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks Doug. That's most helpful.

The image is indeed 12.0(7)W5, but I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it :-)

I guess my best bet is to find a SUP III to replace the SUP II and X4232-L3 cards, and then I'm laughing?

Reply to
euan.webster

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.