Upgrade procedures for Hybrid 6513

Hi,

I have a Hybrid Catalyst 6513 for which I would like to upgrade code. It has redundant Sup720s and MSFC3s configured in High Availability / Single Router Mode.

Does anyone have a step by step procedure for upgrading the Sups and MSFCs in Hybrid mode ?

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
tmcgov05
Loading thread data ...

Hi Tom,

Here is a link for "System Software Conversion from Cisco IOS to CatOS for Catalyst 6500/6000 Switches" (CCO account required):

formatting link
and "System Software Conversion from CatOS to Cisco IOS for Catalyst

6500/6000 Switches"

formatting link
Good luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Thanks but I am not converting from Cat to IOS.

I plan on maintaining Hybrid mode and simply want to upgrade the code on the redundant Sup720 and MSFC3 pairs. Mainly I wanted to know if there are any published procedures, such as which module (Sup720 or MSFC) to upgrade first.

Reply to
tmcgov05

I've done it a number of ways but the easiest was to copy the OS onto a flash card and then to each of the sups from there. I did the MFSCs: active first and then the secondary by sessioning to and telling it to copy from the slot.

Make sure you have good copies of the configs...

hope this helps....

Reply to
garrisb

When you do upgrade the act sup, the stby should upgrade when it syncs also. Use a flash card to back up the configs and OS's

garrisb wrote:

Reply to
jw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.