Can not upgrade Firmware on Wireless LAN Controller 4404

Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem that I'm not able to upgrade my WLC-4404 wireless lan controller:

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download start

Mode............................................. TFTP Data Type........................................ Code TFTP Server IP................................... 192.168.0.100 TFTP Packet Timeout.............................. 6 TFTP Max Retries................................. 10 TFTP Path........................................ / TFTP Filename.................................... AIR-WLC4400-K9-4-1-185-0.aes

This may take some time. Are you sure you want to start? (y/N) y

TFTP Code transfer starting.

TFTP receive complete... extracting components. Unable to write file : No space left on device

TFTP Failure while storing in flash!

Of course I am using a tftp-server that has support for larger files than

32MB (TFTP32). Obviously the transfer is ok, but there seems to be not enough flash space.

What can I do to get "more free space" on my device? Or to be more specific, how can I get rid of the backup-firmware stored in flash? Is there a chance to have a look at the mountpoint and delete files manually?

Thanks in advance Rainer

Reply to
Rainer
Loading thread data ...

Why are you not doing it thru the gui? It will automatically buffer the image, delete the appropriate files and also upgrade all the appropriate files including the html images?

Reply to
Brian V

I'm connected via serial console because I want to see what is going on during the update. Upgrading a productive controller with 50+ APs is not a thing I want to do via web. Anyway upgrading via console or web should have the same result, shouldn't it?

/rainer

Reply to
Rainer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.