Two Servers Communication Problem

Hi

This is cheema here.

My friend in another city is facing a problem, can you help us and give some hints/tips to troubleshoot the problem

1) PC1(Enterprise Server, mail server) connected to GIGA port on cat 4003 switch

2) PC2( mail server in cluster) connected to fastethernet port on cat

4003 switch

I got a traffic capture of few hundered frames. Once of the frames said

"session rejected for unspecified reasons"

PC1 rejects PC2

I think there is some TCP congestion control issue and if the PC1 is shifted to Fastethernet port, the issue should be resolved

What is your valuable opinion

Thanks Cheema

Reply to
atiftobeccie
Loading thread data ...

Hi

This is cheema here.

My friend in another city is facing a problem, can you help us and give some hints/tips to troubleshoot the problem

1) PC1(Enterprise Server, mail server) connected to GIGA port on cat 4003 switch

2) PC2( mail server in cluster) connected to fastethernet port on cat

4003 switch

I got a traffic capture of few hundered frames. Once of the frames said

"session rejected for unspecified reasons"

PC1 rejects PC2

I think there is some TCP congestion control issue and if the PC1 is shifted to Fastethernet port, the issue should be resolved

What is your valuable opinion

Thanks Cheema

Reply to
atif_cheema

I don't think that is your issue. Congestion would cause retransmissions or extra latency (no more than about 10ms if its gig to 100meg), but should not cause the 'unspecified' error. If the session is rejected, this is above the network layer and you need to look at your application error logs or anything else. Just my 2 cents.

Reply to
Trendkill

I don't think that is your issue. Congestion would cause retransmissions or extra latency (no more than about 10ms if its gig to 100meg), but should not cause the 'unspecified' error. If the session is rejected, this is above the network layer and you need to look at your application error logs or anything else. Just my 2 cents.

Reply to
Trendkill

Reply to
Trendkill

Reply to
Trendkill

Dear Trendkill

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply

Regards Cheema

Reply to
Cheema

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.