Two (2) PIX525's set for standard failover, but both show as "Secondary" units

I'm stuck! I'm trying (remotely) to correct a situation that cropped up on a pair of PIX525's that were configured for standard failover using the failover cable. Both have Unrestricted Active/Active licenses. IOS is version 7. Right now they both show as Secondary units instead of one as the Primary and one as the Secondary.

Because they are both Secondary(ies), when you connect the failover cable back in place, they both go into the active mode (and this of course kills my network).

The real secondary was borrowed for a short time to fill in on another network. It was just put back into it's proper hardware config and connect back up to the network. I'm monitoring this long distance as an onsite crew is doing the physical work.

Now when the two units are up, they both show up as Secondary units. All I can figure is that the failover cable was initially reinstalled in reverse order and caused the primary to change to secondary. That's all I can figure. I've read everything I can find and can't find much.

Is there anyone else that has come across this issue and has a quick solution for forcing the real Primary back to "Primary?" I can sure use some assistance on this one.

Brian

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

hi

The FO cable has a Primary end and a secondary end, which needs to match the Primary and sencondary PIX's. Also you can issue the command failover active and no failover active on the standby unit.

I guess you need a active/standby senario ? More help can be proved if you post your cfg.

HTH Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.