NAT and failover wan links

Hi all,

What's the secret sauce to get NAT working in a failover situation?

I have a router with one internal interface and two WAN connections. I'm using OSPF to provide failover. I only want traffic to traverse the secondary (slower) WAN connection when the primary link is down.

I'm not seeing an obvious way to do this. I thought I had found a hack by putting "ip nat outside" on the loopback interface (which is always reachable from outside as long as either WAN connection is up), but that did not seem to work. No NAT translations ever showed up when that config was in place.

Any simple options for this config? It would seem like a pretty common config, especially now that cisco is entering the low end with the 800 series where a business could have both DSL and cable...

Thanks,

Charles

Reply to
spork
Loading thread data ...

Hai Charles

The following config may work to ur situation. Here u need to change the interface addresses. ========================================================================= interface SerialX/X/X description ******** Connected to XYZ Unit ********* backup delay 60 60 backup interface BRIX/X/X ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX encapsulation ppp =========================================================================

Regards

PS Prasad

Reply to
PS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.