PIX525 Failover shown as Secondary - Active

Hello

We have a PIX525 failover bundle setup with stateful LAN failover. This morning I noticed our primary PIX is listed as Secondary - Active when using "show failover" as shown below. Also the line "Failover LAN Secondary" appears in the running-config on PIX thats supposed to be the primary one. How can this be corrected without loosing network connectivity? Is it as simple as to send the command "Failover Lan Primary" to the Active Pix? Last Failover at: 11:26:11 CET Tue Nov 7 2006 This host: Secondary - Active Active time: 87330 (sec) Interfaces Omitted Other host: Primary - Standby Active time: 2446770 (sec) Interfaces Omitted

Regards Fredrik Hofgren

Reply to
Hoffa
Loading thread data ...

Log in to the active PIX (which is the secondary). Issue the command "no failover active".

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

But this will put the Primary - Standby PIX into active mode, right? I want to keep the Secondary - Active PIX into Active mode but make it the Primary one when it comes to configuration changes.

/Fredrik

Lutz Donnerhacke skrev:

Reply to
Hoffa

You does not need to think about this. Log in to the active PIX. Configure and store. Primary or Secondary are only relevant on startup.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

I see my own fault here. The PIXes has failed-over properly. I had missed to see that I was logging into the unit that had become active during the failover procedure. Your right Lutz, no failover Active on the unit listed as Secondary Active will force the configuration back to it's original state. Thanks

Hoffa skrev:

Reply to
Hoffa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.