Trasparent Bridging + bandwidth aggregation

Hi all,

it is the first time i need configure a bridge with 2 routers and i wish some advice from you about that.

I need connect a new site to the old site with the same subnet

192.168.1.0 /24 (TCP/IP) and between the 2 site there are 2 serial lines both with 2Mb of bandwidth .

I need aggregate the 2 serial lines to have a channel with 4Mb (2Mb +

2Mb) of bandwidth between the 2 routers.

I have planned a configuration and before to configure them in my routers i wish know if there are mistakes or something it is better to optimize.

This is my two configurations

hostname router_1

ip no routing

interface e0 description lan old site ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 bridge-group 1 no shut

interface s0 description serial_1 2Mb unnumbered e0 bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 circuit-group 1 no shut

interface s1 description serial_2 2Mb unnumbered e0 bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 circuit-group 1 no shut

bridge 1 protocol ieee

------------------------------------------------------------

hostname router_2

ip no routing

interface e0 description lan new site ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 bridge-group 1 no shut

interface s0 description serial_1 2Mb unnumbered e0 bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 circuit-group 1 no shut

interface s1 description serial_2 2Mb unnumbered e0 bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 circuit-group 1 no shut

bridge 1 protocol ieee

many thanks

Reply to
Bubble
Loading thread data ...

This will not aggregate the links. "protocol ieee" says to use Spanning tree to prevent bridging loops so one link will carry no traffic. If you turn off STP then of course you will get a loop which is even worse.

You need multilink ppp. I don't know a config off of the top of my head.

Reply to
Bod43

thanks for the answer.

Then, with that configuration will i use the serial 0 and if it is down i will use serial 1, just as back up ?

I have found out the configuration

formatting link

the only difference is bridge 1 protocol ieee -> bridge 1 protocol dec

please, can you explain me the difference and how make my configuration work?

many thanks

Reply to
Bubble

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.