Timestamps in show log history

Hi All,

Hopefully an easy question.

On a Cisco 26xx router I would like to have the full date/timestamp in the output of show log history. In a show log we have this working, but the show log history is only showing uptime as a timestamp. Is it possible to change this ?

Thanks,

Simon

Reply to
Simon
Loading thread data ...

With...

"service timestamps log datetime localtime"

... in configuration timestamps look like this:

"Oct 20 11:13:39:"

Reply to
Seppo Mannisto

Yes, with service timestamp command you can change the date display in logging and debugging outputs. You can also display milliseconds and timezone.

See service timestamp ?

Regards, Matteo

Reply to
Matteo

Yes I have set :

service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime service timestamps log datetime msec localtime

If I do show log the output is :

*Oct 20 16:54:26.462: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty1 (10.224.168.36)

But for the same log entry using show log history I see :

entry number 20 : SYS-5-CONFIG_I Configured from console by vty1 (10.224.168.36) timestamp: 1725780

Reply to
Simon

yes...that's right!

Matteo

Reply to
Matteo

Matteo,

Thanks, but ...

Does that mean I can't get a real timestamp rather than an uptime timestamp in the show log history output ?

Just curious, as it would be nice if we could get a real timestamp in the history output.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

yes, I think so

I think that is an IOS bug. Infact the same thing happens on my routers (837, 7200 and 12000 series) in the Fastweb business network (an italian ISP)

Matteo

Reply to
Matteo

Matteo,

Thanks for the fast response. Time to log yet another TAC call ;-)

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.