TFTP problem - memory ?

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me what too do next ?

access-server(boot)#copy tftp flash

System flash directory: No files in System flash [0 bytes used, 8388608 available, 8388608 total] Address or name of remote host [255.255.255.255]? 192.168.1.110 Source file name? ios_backup Destination file name [ios_backup]? Accessing file 'ios_backup' on 192.168.1.110... Loading ios_backup from 192.168.1.110 (via Ethernet0): ! [OK]

Device needs erasure before copying new file Erase flash device before writing? [confirm]

Copy 'ios_backup' from server as 'ios_backup' into Flash WITH erase? [yes/no]y Erasing device... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...erased Loading ios_backup from 192.168.1.110 (via Ethernet0): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Parity (control reg=0x8218) Error, address: 0xE07268 at 0x1098BEE (PC)

Thanks !

Reply to
boxers999
Loading thread data ...

Your flash memory is bad, and you need to replace it. If you have a Cisco support contract, open a TAC case and they will replace the router. If you don't have one, you will need to order the correct flash memory for the device you have. If you can afford to have this router down for several days, you can take your chances on ordering the cheapest memory you can find, otherwise order only Kingston, PNY, or some other name brand memory that is packaged specifically for your router type. My luck with the off brands working the first time is about 50/50.

As an FYI you should not rename IOS images, as this is not best practice. What version, and what platform is "ios_backup" for?

Reply to
Thrill5

Thanks for your help !

Its running in cut down ios at the moment. As a last ditch, is there a way of formatting the flash ?

Cheers

Reply to
boxers999

format flash:

Reply to
Bod43

Thanks for the help, but :-

access-server(boot)>format flash: ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

access-server(boot)>en Password: access-server(boot)#format flash: ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

access-server(boot)#

Reply to
boxers999

The 'format flash' command is used for equipments with PCMCIA flash. For the inernal flash, use: erase flash:

Mohammed

formatting link

Reply to
Mohammed Alani

Strange, I think I remember formatting the flash on 2500, 4000 (router).

An 837 that I have here seems to be offering the command.

hr#format flash: ?

Maybe of course erase flash and format flash are exactly equivalent, I don't know.

Note that it is not a "config mode" command.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.