telnet/rsh not responding

My router all the sudden is not allowing me to do remote manage it. I was able to telnet to it a few days ago but now everytime I try to telnet/rsh to it I get a long wait proceded by "host is not reponding," There was no config in the vty lines. Since this problem on the console I added

transport input all

I have tried clearing all the vty lines and nothing. Between the time I was able to access it to the time I am not no one has even on into config mode.

sh proc is under 30% no acl on the fe interface or loopbacks the router is functioning fine and pingable. none of the interfaces are conjested. The only prob is the vty lines appear to be hosed.

this is an old 7206xvr npe 300 running 12.0(25)S1

any suggestions

Reply to
jcle
Loading thread data ...

Greetings,

Just a couple of wild guesses here. Are the VTY Ports all used up (IE: none free)? What shows up on WHO?

Is the Router running low on memory to start a Terminal process?

Something seems to be preventing the terminal process from running... Look at memory and process status.

This sounds more like a memory shortage then. How long has it been running since a restart?

We have several of these running and they are usually pretty good boxes.

Cheers..............pk.

Reply to
Peter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.