How will i Config the telnet in router?

Hai friendz... Im doing my CCNA Course.. I have a doubt in config a telnet.. Would u guys any one tell me how to config the telnet in the network... But i know the command with is to set r change the password. thats is Router(Config)#line vty 0 Router(Config)#login Router(Config)#password abcd

I think now u guy got it what exactly i want it... i want to config the telnet.... please help me friendz...

Reply to
Manis
Loading thread data ...

You wanna do something like this

line vty 0 4 password abcd login

This enables the telnet access

Manis wrote:

Reply to
Bumer

yep ,thats how I have been doing it-when you config a password it is for all virtual lines I believe

Reply to
gregg johnstone

Hi Manis,

Follow these steps to configure console passwords.

Note: Before performing this test, ensure that you have an alternate connection into the router, such as Telnet or dial-in, in case there is a problem logging back in to the router.

Step 1. From the privileged EXEC (enable) prompt, enter configuration mode ((config)) and then switch to line configuration mode ((config-line), by issuing the following commands:

Note: Notice that the prompt changes to reflect the current mode.

router#conf t !--- Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. router(config)#line con 0 router(config-line)#

Step 2. Configure the password, and enable password checking at login.

router(config-line)#password router(config-line)#login

Step 3. Exit configuration mode.

router(config-line)#end router# %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console

Note: Do not save your configuration changes until your ability to log in has been verified.

Step 4. Verify the configuration.

Examine the configuration of the router to make sure that the commands have been properly entered by issuing the show running-config command.

To test the configuration, log off the console with the exit command and log in again, using the configured password to access the router.

router#exit router con0 is now available Press RETURN to get started.

Step 5. Save your configuration.

router#write memory

------------------------------------------------------

Perform these steps to configure Telnet passwords.

Note: Before performing this test, ensure that you have an alternate connection into the router, such as console or dial-in, in case there is a problem logging back in to the router.

Step 1. From the privileged EXEC (or enable) prompt, enter configuration mode (or (config)) and then switch to line configuration mode ((config-line)), by issuing the following commands:

router#conf t !--- Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. router(config)#line vty 0 4 router(config-line)#

router(config-line)#end router# %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console

Note: Do not save your configuration changes until your ability to log in has been verified.

Step 4. Verify the configuration.

Examine the configuration of the router to make sure that the commands have been properly entered, by issuing the show running-config command.

Test the configuration by making a Telnet connection to the router.

This can be done by connecting from a different host on the network, but you can also do so from the router itself by Telnetting to the IP address of any interface on the router that is in an up/up state as seen in the output of the show interfaces command.

router#telnet

router#write memory

------------------------------------------------------

Follow these steps to configure Auxiliary (AUX) port passwords

Note: before performing this test, ensure that you have an alternate connection into the router, such as console or Telnet, in case there is a problem logging back in to the router.

Step 1. From the privileged EXEC (or enable) prompt, enter configuration mode ((config)) and then switch to line configuration mode ((config-line)), by issuing the following commands:

router#conf t !--- Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. router(config)#line aux 0 router(config-line)#

Step 4. Verify the configuration. Examine the configuration of the router to make sure that the commands have been properly entered by issuing the show running-config command. Test the configuration by making an inbound or outbound connection to the line. For specific information on configuring async lines for modem connections, refer to the:

Modem - Router Connection Guide

formatting link

router#write memory

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco eBay Repair Service

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

This is correct because you can not enable login before your password is set on vty on the new IOS's 12.x.

Reply to
Freeride

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.