basic ACL help pls

I need some basic IOS ACL help. We have the following config:

version 12.3 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption service udp-small-servers service tcp-small-servers ! ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! no logging console enable password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ! mmi polling-interval 60 no mmi auto-configure no mmi pvc mmi snmp-timeout 180 no aaa new-model ip subnet-zero ip cef ! ! ! no ftp-server write-enable ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.248 speed 100 full-duplex ! interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay IETF no ip mroute-cache no fair-queue service-module t1 timeslots 1-24 ! interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point bandwidth 1536 ip address 4.5.6.7 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 120 in no cdp enable frame-relay interface-dlci 500 IETF ! interface Serial1/0 no ip address shutdown ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0.1 no ip http server ! no cdp run ! line con 0 exec-timeout 0 0 password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX line aux 0 login transport input all line vty 0 4 password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX login line vty 5 15 password 7 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX login ! ! end

The FE interface is a public IP. The device connected to this is VPN device that also has an IP in the range, let's say 1.2.3.5. I need to pass ALL traffic destined for 1.2.3.5 but I don't want the FE interface on 1.2.3.4 or the serial interface on 4.5.6.7 to be pingable or accessible by telnet. Can someone help me with the ACL for this?

Thanks...

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

Well, sure, however doing this while clueless is not exactly the best plan ever. It's not that hard to work out.

I suggest that you figure out what this will do before applying it.

! Assuming:- ! Serial 0/0.1 is your Internet interface. ! That you want to block traffic from the Internet ! as you have defined. ! You want to use access-list 120 as already applied ! but not defined.

! Let's remove the access-group command to prevent the partially ! configured access list from becoming active.

int se 0/0.1 no ip access-group 120 in

! block icmp echo request packets - ping request access-l 120 deny icmp any host 1.2.3.4 echo access-l 120 deny icmp any host 4.5.6.7 echo

! block telnet - tcp port 23 access-l 120 deny tcp any host 1.2.3.4 eq 23 access-l 120 deny tcp any host 4.5.6.7 eq 23 access-l 120 permit ip any any

! Check that the config is as you expect ! then ...

! Now apply the ACL to the interface

Reply to
bod43

Inbound telnet access to the router should be applied using an ACL on the VTY ports, not on the interfaces.

access-list 1 permit 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0

vty 0 4 access-class 1 in

This will allow inbound telnet sessions that have a "10" source address. This is much more secure than blocking each inbound interface because it applied globally to all inbound telnet sessions to the router.

Well, sure, however doing this while clueless is not exactly the best plan ever. It's not that hard to work out.

I suggest that you figure out what this will do before applying it.

! Assuming:- ! Serial 0/0.1 is your Internet interface. ! That you want to block traffic from the Internet ! as you have defined. ! You want to use access-list 120 as already applied ! but not defined.

! Let's remove the access-group command to prevent the partially ! configured access list from becoming active.

! block icmp echo request packets - ping request access-l 120 deny icmp any host 1.2.3.4 echo access-l 120 deny icmp any host 4.5.6.7 echo

! block telnet - tcp port 23 access-l 120 deny tcp any host 1.2.3.4 eq 23 access-l 120 deny tcp any host 4.5.6.7 eq 23 access-l 120 permit ip any any

! Check that the config is as you expect ! then ...

! Now apply the ACL to the interface

Reply to
Thrill5

Seems a fine plan. Thanks.

Reply to
bod43

|Inbound telnet access to the router should be applied using an ACL on the |VTY ports, not on the interfaces. | |access-list 1 permit 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 | |vty 0 4 | access-class 1 in | |This will allow inbound telnet sessions that have a "10" source address. |This is much more secure than blocking each inbound interface because it |applied globally to all inbound telnet sessions to the router.

Can you show me what the ACLs would look like for the entire setup?

Reply to
Brian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.