E1 Cabling for VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

All,

Could anyone tell me whether the following are three valid alternatives for E1 cabling please?

Option 1 - RJ48C:

1 to 7 2 to 8 4 to 2 5 to 3
formatting link
Option 2 - T1/E1 Crossover: 1 to 4 2 to 5 3 to 3 (Not Used) 4 to 1 5 to 2 3 to 3 (Not Used) 6 to 6 (Not Used) 8 to 8 (Not Used)
formatting link
Option 3 - Straight-Through

Many thanks

James.

Reply to
James.Brown
Loading thread data ...

Sorry to be so terse in the post above. It's really just option 1 that I'm slightly dubious about as there are plenty of people selling an "E1 RJ48C" - they just don't document what the pinout are!

Reply to
James.Brown

I don't think you are looking at this document correctly. This wiring as you specify makes no sense. The picture does make sense, but only inso much as a telco installer would be doing it.

Yes, this would a be T1/E1 cross-over.. Used to hookup two devices back-to-back.

Probably what you should be using?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

All of the, relatively few, 1's that I have had anything to do with have used a Straight through cable to connect the end equipment - a cisco router. Same with PRI flavour E1s and I think T1's too although the latter have been a bit far away for me to inspect the cable personally.

I am in the UK.

Reply to
Bod43

Thanks All. This particular E1 PRI is in Italy and we're having problems with the straight-through, hence the need for me to make up an alternative and send it out by post.

Doug - if I'm interpreting the diagram of the RJ48C incorrectly, could you explain what the pinouts illustrated are please (apologies, but I'm fairly new to Networking/cabling).

Regards

James.

Reply to
James.Brown

formatting link
Lists the pinouts of some Cisco cables that may be of relevance.

RJ-45-to-RJ-45 TE Cable Pinouts RJ-45-to-RJ-45 NT Cable Pinouts RJ-45-to-RJ-45 T1 Cable Pinouts

However since it's a PRI I would be quite surprised if it did not require just a straight through. Far from sure though. I have put in a few and they have always been straight through to the router. PRI is very closely specified and it would be very surprising if there was a variation of this kind.

I particularly like:- Table D-15 RJ-45-to-Bare Wire Inteface Cable Pinouts It really does say - The pin one wire is connected to pin one The pin two wire is connected to pin two ... Brightened up my day no end.

formatting link
a good description of the PRI pinouts.

Reply to
Bod43

You seem to think the left side should be pins numbered from top down,

8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

But really, the wires are grouped by function, and not in any specific order as they would in an 8p8c jack.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.