Split tunneling with vpdn

Hello,

Is there a way to use split tunneling with my PPTP or L2TP vpn connections so that I can connect to the Internet while I'm using VPN? I found articles which says to modify vpn client's routing table, but I'm looking a way to automate this as in the case of IPSec tunneling where I use crypto ACL's.

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic
Loading thread data ...

In article , Igor Mamuzic wrote: :Is there a way to use split tunneling with my PPTP or L2TP vpn connections :so that I can connect to the Internet while I'm using VPN? :I found articles which says to modify vpn client's routing table, but I'm :looking a way to automate this as in the case of IPSec tunneling where I :use crypto ACL's.

If you are connecting to a Cisco PIX, then Yes, you can define a split tunnel ACL on the PIX against the group. This requires the cooperation of the PIX admin though.

If you aren't connecting to a Cisco PIX, then it'd probably help if you said what the relevant equipment and software versions are.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Walter,

I'm connecting to Cisco 2811 router with IOS 12.4T image loaded. This is a gateway. Client side is WinXPSP2 with built-in VPN client. Tunneling that I use is PPTP and L2TP.

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.