Site to Site VPN Syslog Messages

Dear All,

Can anybody give me Site to Site VPN creation logs in Cisco PIX? While connecting Remote Site VPN, I get the following log

PIX-6-603104: PPTP Tunnel created, tunnel_id is 26, remote_peer_ip is

192.168.117.234, ppp_virtual_interface_id is 2,client_dynamic_ip is 192.168.90.1, username is king, MPPE_key_strength is None

I managed to find all the transactions started by 192.168.90.1 are vpn traffic.

But I cannot find the log that will be logged during Site To Site VPN creation? Or from the log how can I know whether the traffic is through Site to Site vpn or not?

regards Kumar

Reply to
mskumar
Loading thread data ...

what PIXOS version ?

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

That tells me that you are using nat 0 access-list, and so there are no translations being built or destroyed in service of the vpn traffic.

Push up your log level to 6 and you will see all the connection Build and Teardown messages. Probably your level is around 4 now and you are seeing only the translation creation and destroy messages [but, as noted, those aren't going to be there for nat 0 access-list]

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.