Site to Site VPN Tunnel

I have a site to site VPN tunnel setup. The network diagram can be found at

formatting link
There are some issues with the VPN tunnel. One is why can't I ping devices through the tunnel? Also, if I try to telnet into a device from the ASA side to the PIX I am not abel to? I looked on the loggs for the ASA and below is the output. However, if I try to telnet from the PIX side to the ASA side I can telnet but cannot ping. If you need me to post the config for both the ASA and PIX let me know.

Thank You

single_vf %ASA-7-609001: Built local-host inside:10.1.1.4 single_vf %ASA-3-305006: portmap translation creation failed for tcp src inside:10.178.183.68/1025 dst inside:10.1.1.4/23 single_vf %ASA-7-609002: Teardown local-host inside:10.178.183.68 duration 0:00:00 single_vf %ASA-7-609002: Teardown local-host inside:10.1.1.4 duration

0:00:00
Reply to
Cisco563
Loading thread data ...

Not much to go on there. My speculation at this point would be that you have a 'route' statement that should not be there. Do not 'route' the remote network to the inside interface.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

The above error messages indicate you are not excluding from NAT the local address from the remote side, if you could post you NAT configuration as well any ACL's that are applied to the VPN tunnel.

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.