Simple(?) QoS question

Hello,

I have a problem that I though would be very easy to solve.

I have a Cisco 1721 that has a frame-relay T1 to the internet, and I have three vlans hanging of of fa0.

One vlan is for voice traffic and needs absolute priority to the internet. One vlan is for general office traffic and should have less priority than the voice vlan. One vlan is for public wireless access and should have the lowest priority.

I've fiddled with CBWFQ, LLQ and a few others. None of them seem to work with Frame - the command to apply the policy to the subinterface either doesn't exist or I get a line similar to: CBWFQ : Not supported on subinterfaces Applying to the main interface has no effect.

This should be pretty easy, what am I missing?

Reply to
spork
Loading thread data ...

Here's an article on VoIP over Frame-Relay that should offer some tips:

formatting link
Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

define a map-class, apply service policies to map-class, apply map-class under "frame-relay interface dlc1 xx"

From experience, 1721 + CBWFQ = problems

Reply to
vty 0 4

That's got me stumped. I've got the following to differentiate the 3 vlans:

policy-map inet-out class studio-out priority 400 class office-out bandwidth 800 class class-default fair-queue

class-map match-all office-out match access-group 2 class-map match-all wireless-out match access-group 3 class-map match-all studio-out match access-group 1

! interface Serial0.1 point-to-point bandwidth 1490 ip address x.x.x.233 255.255.255.0 ip nat outside frame-relay interface-dlci 16 class frame-out ! map-class frame-relay frame-out service-policy output inet-out ! access-list 1 permit 216.220.105.24 0.0.0.7 access-list 2 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 access-list 3 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

Now when I go to the main frame interface and add the "frame-relay traffic-shaping", it gives me this:

evradio(config-if)#frame-relay traffic-shaping I/f Serial0.1 DLCI 16 class studio-out requested bandwidth 400 (kbps), available only 1 (kbps) Traffic shaping not enabled due to invalid policy in map-class frame- out

Where is this 1Kb/s limit coming from? I do have bandwidth statements on both the main serial interface and the frame subinterface (1536).

Reply to
spork

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.