5505 - IPS/IDS

Does the ASA 5505 support any type of IPS/IDS yet?

Reply to
AF
Loading thread data ...

Just pretty much the same as PIX 6.

Lack of support for Anti-X is a major main distinguishing model feature for the 5505, so my -expectation- is that we will never see Anti-X on that model. My -expectation- is that if Cisco were to decide that they wanted their low-end ASA model to have anti-X support, that they would introduce a new model, a "5506e" or whatever.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thank you Walter - do you have any links handy I could review? I tried digging through Cisco.com without much luck.

Reply to
AF

Links to what? The lack of support is documented on the product description pages, and you just have to look across the line there to see that the 5505 has no slots to deduce that it probably will never have anti-X.

The existing support carried over from PIX 6 is the "ip audit" facilities.

The specific support signatures are detailed in the System Log Messages book as well as in the "ip audit" descriptions. Look for the 40000 series of message numbers.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.