setting up a T1.

Hey guys.

I have been given a task to try and complete by head network admins. They took a cisco 7200 w/ a t1 card and connected it to a cisco 2500 w/ a t1 card.

The old setup was to let them act as a bridge between 192.168.0.X and

192.168.1.X. Passing all data through the T1 line.

They then ran a write erase and told me to do it all over again.

Router A is set up to handle the 192.168.0.X network. It has it's network port as 192.168.0.1 and it does respond to ping. I have it's serial 0 connection which connects to the other t1 port on the other switch as an ip address of 191.168.1.1.

Router B is set up to handle the 192.168.1.X network. It has it;s network port as 192.168.1.1 and it does respond to ping.

I have been unable to set the ip address of this routers T1 card. I have no idea how to. So i think we should start there.

I get into the T1 card's config by doing the following.

en >########

#config t #controller t1 2/0 (config controller)#

Reply to
neo19
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a learning exercise, not a give me the answer task..

How about starting with the installation guide for a 2500?

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! However.. The problem is with router B. Which is the 7200.

That guide will not help me here nore will the 7200 guide for the setup program does NOT see controller 2 as a interface to setup during its launch.

When I try and do a #Config T int ?

that controller 2 is not listed in the cards to configure and give it an ip address.

Which is why im asking the question.

Reply to
neo19

[On the 7200]

You don't configure the IP address from the controller level: you configure it from the interface level.

interface serial 2/0

Is T1 channelized? If so then see

formatting link
You might find some useful information in there even if the T1 is not channelized.

That page was located via a simple google search of site:cisco.com 7200 configure t1

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I don't have a 7200 to play with (and if I did I don't think I'd do your homework for you) but in all cases like this "?" is your friend. Type "?" (without the quotes) at the (config controller)# prompt and see what it says. If there's no obvious way to configure an IP address then do "exit" and try again. If you find an interesting looking command then type "command ?" (where "command" is the command name) and you'll be given a choice of parameters.

Thinking ahead you might want to find out about clocking on T1 lines and bridging in relation to IP subnets.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.