service-policy output on a 3560 doesn't work, any workarounds ?

We got some Cisco catalyst 3560 that we want to control the bandwidth on the ports. Can this be done, and how do i do it?

Ive got 3550s that can do policy-map with the interface command; service-policy output(and input) But 3560 only seems to handle service-policy input. If i try to configure output, it says the following: " SW(config-if)#service-policy output 4mbit-out police command is not supported for this interface Configuration failed! Warning: Assigning a policy map to the output side of an interface not supported "

Any workarounds or new ways to accomplish bandwith-control on a 3560 ?

regards,

hmk

Reply to
hm klette
Loading thread data ...

I ran into this yesterday. I am marking some specific traffic with my own DSCP markings and wanted to apply it out the output of f0/1, but I could not. Instead, I had to apply the policy to the input on every other port where a computer was connected that was transmitting this traffic. It works fine, but it's a little silly. Good thing for the range command.

However, I don't think this would be adequate if trying to police traffic. I want to do this on a few 3560's as well but have not been able to come up with a proper way to do it yet.

Reply to
ESM

hm klette skrev:

To all others who wonders srr-queue is the solution here... :-)

.:hmk

Reply to
hm klette

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.