Re: Cisco 3750 egress rate-limit

Hi, I've setup a 7206 NPE-G1 with one of its gigE interface connected to a Catalyst WS-C3750-24TS with each port assigned to specific VLAN interface. The VLAN are configured on the 3750, each with its own subnet (The first IP is the gateway for each switchport customer).I need to rate limit the traffic on each port to 2Mbps ingress (in) and egress (out). I've tried using the rate-limit command on each VLAN interface but the MRTG shows that its not working as traffic goes more that specified.

rate-limit input 2048000 1500 2000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop rate-limit output 2048000 1500 2000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

I've also tried policing but when its applied to the specific interface (physical or VLAN) using "service-policy output xxxx", i get the error

"Warning: Assigning a policy map to the output side of an interface not supported "

%QOSMGR-4-CLASS_NOT_SUPPORTED: Classification is not supported in classmap DSCPOLICE

I've tried looking for solutions but at the moment there is not much available even on the cisco web site. I really need to get this up and running as soon as possible. Hope to get some help in resolving this issue. Thanks

**************************************************************************** Note: For further reference i've attached the config and sh version

mls qos aggregate-policer 2Mb-ipolicer 2048000 8000 exceed-action drop mls qos aggregate-policer 2Mb-epolicer 2048000 8000 exceed-action drop mls qos ! mac access-list extended test permit any any

access-list 101 permit ip any any

class-map match-all limit_2Mb match access-group 101 class-map match-all DSCPOLICE match ip dscp default 63 class-map match-all mac_traffic match access-group name test ! ! policy-map 2Mb_ingress class limit_2Mb police aggregate 2Mb-ipolicer class mac_traffic police aggregate 2Mb-ipolicer

policy-map 2Mb_egress class DSCPOLICE police aggregate 2Mb-epolicer !

#sh version Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C3750 Software (C3750-I5-M), Version 12.2(20)SE3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System image file is "flash:/c3750-i5-mz.122-20.SE3/c3750-i5-mz.122-20.SE3.bin" cisco WS-C3750-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision A0) with

118784K/12280K bytes of memory.

Configuration register is 0xF

Thanks.

Reply to
Kanagaraj Krishna
Loading thread data ...

You cannot police on a 3750 egress interface

see

ttp://

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.