Routing multiple internet connections through 2811 router

Hi

We've currently got a microwave internet connection which is pretty unreliable. This is connected via a PIX 506E onto our LAN.

The current network layout is like this:-

a.b.66.72 = PIX IP address a.b.77.152/28 are routed through a.b.66.72 where static NAT is used to expose some internal servers.

We've got our new bonded DSL solution based around a Cisco 2811 router. This has 2 x WIC1-ADSL's in it, and the two onboard Fast Ethernet interfaces.

The network layout for this connection is like this:-

c.d.203.105 = Router IP address c.d.203.104/28 is our block of 8 IP's (six usable, five if you take the router into consideration)

FE 0/0 is on the LAN side which will be connected to the PIX FE 0/1 is currently unused

What I'm hoping to do is have both connections working so there is no downtime during the DNS propagation.

Here's what I'd like to do - can someone tell me if it's possible...

I'd like to connect the microwave connection into FE 0/1 and then route everything through the PIX.

Cue dodgy ASCII Art:-

+------------+ ADSL1 > | ATM0/0/0 | | | ADSL2 > | ATM0/1/0 | | | Microwave > | FE0/1 | | | +-----+ | FE0/0 | > | PIX | > LAN |(2811) | +-----+ +------------+

I was thinking I could possibly use static NAT on the router to map either the microwave IP's to the DSL ones or vice versa.

I really don't know where to begin with this so I appreciate any assistance I may get.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.