Remote user can connect to the PIX 501 but cannot see the network behind it.

I set up the PIX 501 at a business and I am having an issue with the remote users being able to VPN in and see the network. The remote users are able to connect to the PIX 501 with a pptp connection using the windows pre-installed software, but when they try to view in network, they cannot see any of the computers on the other side of the PIX 501. This is how it looks: [Remote user] -- [LINKSYS BEFVP41] -- [DSL] [DSL] -- [PIX 501] -- [Switched 12 port 10/100 hub] -- [Network computers]

I would appreciate any ideas that could be offered to "fix" this issue. Also, how do I check the speeds and possibly increase the speeds between the remote user and the network? Let me know what additional information I need to provide. Thank you.

Reply to
Jenn
Loading thread data ...

Linksys VPN roiuters have a feature that allows the forwarding of NETBIOS broadcasts; the PIX does not have this feature.

You will have to access PC network resources (i.e. file shares) by IP address or implement a WINS server.

Reply to
Merv

In article , Jenn wrote: :I set up the PIX 501 at a business and I am having an issue with the :remote users being able to VPN in and see the network. The remote :users are able to connect to the PIX 501 with a pptp connection using :the windows pre-installed software, but when they try to view in :network, they cannot see any of the computers on the other side of the :PIX 501. This is how it looks: :[Remote user] -- [LINKSYS BEFVP41] -- [DSL] [DSL] -- :[PIX 501] -- [Switched 12 port 10/100 hub] -- [Network computers]

Ensure that the ip address that they are being given for the link is "outside" relative to the PIX 501's internal address space. In particular, any "ip address pool" statements you have should not be within the same subnet as the inside interface IP subnet. (DHCP for systems inside the PIX is handled by a 'dhcpd' control line, not via an ip address pool statement.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.