Redundant VPN config

Need some help in designing a redundant VPN for up to 50 sites to headoffice In headoffice we have Cisco 2821 with 2Mb link currently used for IPSEC with Cisco 857s

1801 with ADSL for general internet access

How can I provide redundant VPN link for 857s as they don't support DMVPN nor EIGRP ? Can I create 2 GRE tunnels on each 857 to both routers and use roting policy or RIP , OSPF , IGRP ?

we already have 10x857 so I wouldn't like to upgrade to 870 ot 1700 ....and each site has no more than 5 users .

Thanks for your help

Reply to
nikolay.tomov
Loading thread data ...

If you have not yet read the white paper " Redundant Routes in IPSec VPNs" on my web site, you might find some ideas you can use. Although it is not targeted at the 857 per se, most of the issues and trade offs are router (and routing protocol) independent.

Good luck and have fun!

Reply to
Vincent C Jones

Hmmm. I have an 857 here and the online help does offer eigrp. It does not offer OSPF or BGP.

c850-advsecurityk9-mz.124-6.T.bin

I believe that this does not necessarily mean that it will work or is supported but I thought that I would mention it.

HR(config)#router ? eigrp Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) odr On Demand stub Routes rip Routing Information Protocol (RIP)

HR(config)#router

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.