Redundant Colocation Setup

How can I suitable handle a bunch of colocation (server) customers, all with their own /30 transfernets and vlans in consideration of that the only SPOF should be the _first_ switch they are connected to. Possible setup without L2 redundancy:

NO REDUNDANCY | L3 IGP(OSPF) REDUNDANCY ================================================================ +-----+ CUST1---VL1-----|L2-SW| CUST2---VL2-----| 1 | CUST3---VL3-----| | lnk1 +----------+ ... | |---TRUNK1-----|L3-COLO-GW|--->IP-100/UPLINK1-->

+-----+ | | +---| |--->IP-101/UPLINK2--> +-----+ | +----------+ CUST11---VL11---|L2-SW| | VL1/IP-1 CUST12---VL12---| 2 | | VL2/IP-2 CUST13---VL13---| | lnk2 | VL3/IP-3 ... | |---TRUNK2-+ VL11/IP-11 +-----+ ...

Is a L2-redundancy/HSRP setup towards the customer with a second L3-COLO-GW (4908G-L3) in this situation possible? Thx for any hints to my brain ;-)

-Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Krause
Loading thread data ...

I thought a distinct HSRP instance for each customer/vlan is something I can not deploy because most of them have a /30 transfernet (HSRP = at least 6 IP's? customer, gw1, gw2, virtual, net, broadcast). Furthermore I'am afraid concerning the max count of HSRP instances per L3 system when thinking about ~100..200 customers/vlans.

Ok, sounds interesting - what did that mean? I've searched for some reference designs but all I found is HSRP for such 'dummy' servers.

-Gerald

Reply to
Gerald Krause

Yes, but you'll need to do it for each vlan on the l3-colo-gw's and ensure they can see each other at layer 2. Easier to manage if you can trunk the l2's together and let PVST do it's thing.

Reply to
Mark Lar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.