Re: Cisco 501, VoIP, and QoS

Wow -- IOS v7.0 for PIX? Where can one find out more about this?

> :I have a Cisco PIX 501 running a small home network. > :{ [MOTOROLA VT1005V] [PC] [PC] [PC] } > > :As I said things _work_ and I didn't have to change anything on the PIX, > but > :is there a way I can take advantage of QoS, however? Does the PIX > support > :this? > > No, the PIX 501 does not support QoS in any existing release. > > The nearly-out-the-door PIX 7.0 software has QoS support, but > in 7.0(1) only the PIX 515/515E, 525, and 535 are supported. > My *guess* is that we'll see support on the 501 around PIX 7.1(3). > > -- > Are we *there* yet??
Reply to
Jack Taugher
Loading thread data ...

In article , Jack Taugher wrote: :Wow -- IOS v7.0 for PIX? Where can one find out more about this?

It isn't "IOS" -- the PIX operating system's name is Finesse. You barely see it in 6.x though; more of it is exposed in 7.x.

For a list of features, see

formatting link
7.0 release has been publically announced and the software is due to hit the download site this month. It isn't there right quite yet though.

PIX 7.0 has some major improvements over 6.x . It was in beta testing for most of a year; I hope it's stable...

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.