QoS on ADSL Router cisco 826

Hi, I want to priorise voip traffic on a cisco 826. The current setup is attached, but does not do the job - bad voice quality when there is other outgoing traffic on the link. Any ideas?

class-map match-all voice match access-group 102

!-- match rtp ports access-list 102 permit udp any any range 11000 12000 !-- match sip access-list 102 permit tcp any eq 5060 any access-list 102 permit tcp any any eq 5060

policy-map VOICE-POLICY class voice priority 96 class class-default fair-queue

interface ATM0 mtu 300 bandwidth 576 no ip address no ip redirects no ip unreachables no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto dsl enable-training-log hold-queue 30 in pvc 1/32 cbr 576 encapsulation aal5snap service-policy output VOICE-POLICY pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 ! !

borghar

Reply to
borghart
Loading thread data ...

What about the other side of the link. Does the other side prioritize traffic as well. As there is no VPN configured in the snippet below I assume you're connected to an ISP? Are they prioritizing VoIP traffic as well? Do a "show service-policy ..." to see if you're actually doing any QoS.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

Hi, Yes, i am connected to an ISP. I don't know if they prioritize voip traffic or not. But for sure voip quality is very good, when there is no other traffic on my umlink. When there is other traffic than voip on my uplink, voip quality gets bad. "show service-policy ..." points out, that outgoing packets are classified correctly, but still voip quality is bad, when there is other outgoing traffic. Regards, Borghar

Reply to
henrik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.