QoS for Citrix via nFuse

We have a T1 that many remote users are using for Citrix ICA connections. It usually works great, until a user send a large email attachment (when I mean large, I am serious... about 100MB+). We originally decided to just limit email attachments to about 10MB, which would have been the simple effective solution, but customers started screaming. So, we let them send email attachments as large as they want, I hate it, but I cannot do anything about it.

Anyhow, I want to use some QoS for Citrix ICA connections to give them the highest priority. Optionally, I would like to lower the impact of SMTP on other protocols. To qualify this, users connect to Citrix via nFuse, so I think the connections are made over HTTPS. Here is what I was thinking about:

priority-list 1 protocol ip high tcp https priority-list 1 protocol ip normal tcp smtp priority-list 1 default medium

interface Serial0 ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y priority-group 1 !

Now, here are my questions:

1) (To anyone with experience in nFuse/Citrix) Am I right about using HTTPS to affect the priority?

2) I am running a 2600 with IOS 12.1, is this supported on this version of the IOS?

3) I am going to kill smtp traffic if I put it at normal and elevate all other traffic to medium?

4) (The biggy) Is this the best way (not forgetting that I cannot just limit email attachments)?

Thanks, Dustin A. Dortch

Reply to
Dustin
Loading thread data ...

Ve VERY careful as priority queuing can result in lower queue starvation.

Take a look at the newer QOS queuing mechanisms such as LLQ or CBWFQ

Reply to
Merv

You need to use TCP/1494. nFuse is just a web gateway to your published apps. Once your actually launch an app, it uses the standard Citrix port of

Unless you use Citrix Access Gateway (CAG) or Citrix Secure Gateway (CSG), then this is how ti works. CAG/CSG let you run all this traffic thriuygh 80 or 443.

Reply to
ESM

We do you CSG. Thanks.

Reply to
Dustin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.