Citrix MetaFrame / Cisco Router issues

We are currently running a citrix server on our LAN network. The remote clients at our other plants are connecting trought the Citrix Neighbourhood and are using the desktop share,( looks like terminal service). Now I am working on getting the webbased MetaFrame working so that the rest or our employees can access Company items from home. After publishing some applications, adding the DNS entry for the remote.ourcompany.com and portforwarding all the ports listed on Citrix's site, I still can not launch applications from outside the Network. Everything works great from in the LAN. I can launch applications, and everything, however, when I try connecting from outside the network, I unable to launch any applcations. I am able to login, and everything else works fine. What happens is when I attempt to launch an application, I receive a message stating that the Citrix server is not accepting connections. I figured it was a router/port issue, so I tested with all ports forward from outside IP to internal IP, with the same results. Unfortunately, this "When I have a spare moment" project has become a priority by my superiors, so I now have to have this working as soon as possible. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Mike mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

Mike,

Are you c> We are currently running a citrix server on our LAN network. The remote

Reply to
thejayman

I have tried to telnet to port 1494 both through the external IP and the domain name. Both work and I get the ICA banner. As far as I know, I am connecting directly to the Farm. Unfortunately I was not the one who originally set this Citrix server up. The server was already installed when I started this job. Is there a way to find out if there is a CSG setup in place?

through directly to the internal IP of the Citrix server.

Reply to
mike

If you are goign through a firewall using NAT with Citrix you need to configure Alt Addresses on your server. if not Citrix will publish the internal IP through NFuse (Web Inetrface as it's now called.). A way to verify this is log into the Web portion and instead of opening an application, right click and do a save as on the Icon. This should allow you to save a fiel called launch.ica. Open this file in notepad and more then likely you will see your internal address for the connection. Soem good information on this can be found at:

formatting link
You would know if you installed Secure Gateway, it is not just a simple installation.

Alan alan(@)rsvmille.net

Reply to
Alan

Thanks Alan, didn't even think of checking the file. As for the Secure Gateway, Like I said, I was not here when Citrix was installed. When I took over this network, it was actually quite a mess. ( I guess that is what happens when they ask a truck dispatcher to also maintain the network).

Reply to
mike

Well... Alan, you where right about the internal IP. Bellow is what I found for one app. (and all the others will be the same) [Adobe Reader] Address=192.168.1.18:1494

Reply to
mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.