Problem with dhcp

Hello Everyone.

I have a problem with Cisco Catalyst 3550. I set up four Vlans on it and also did routing between them. Everything works properly when the workstations connected to the switch have static IP addresses but I'd like to use a dhcp for the vlans insteed of the static addresses. I need your help becouse I don't know how should I set up dhcp on this switch for each vlan. Earlier when I used Catalist 2950 I did routing between vlans on router and also on the router I set up 4 ip dhcp pools (one per vlan). How shuld I do it on Catalyst 3550 ???

Thx for your help. With regards

Maciek

Reply to
maciek
Loading thread data ...

You need to config an ip helper-address x.x.x.x on each of the VLAN interface configured on the 3550.

Also remember to disable the forward of non-DHCP UDP protocols.

! Configure DHCP forwarding

int x/x ip helper-address exit

no ip forward-protocol udp tftp no ip forward-protocol udp domain no ip forward-protocol udp nameserver no ip forward-protocol udp time no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-dgm no ip forward-protocol udp tacacs

Reply to
Merv

Try this link.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.