Problem with Cat4507R and media converter

I have a Cat4507R with WS-X4148-RJ 10/100 ethernet module that is connected to an MRV EM316-EFRM/S1 fiber meida converter which then ships it off to a CPE metro ethernet circuit via single mode fiber. When I set the MRV equipment's RJ-45 port facing the 4507R to 100 full and then the 4507R to

100 full, the link goes out. If I hardcode either side to 100 full and then set either side to autonegotiate, I get an autonegotiated 100 half link. I also tried with a Cat 2900 in place of the 4507R and had similar bad luck. Is there any way I narrow down where the issue is or are there some diagnostics I could use to try to point the finger at either piece of equipment?

paperboy

Reply to
paperboy
Loading thread data ...

I can't explain the 100/full-100/full failure but the fallback to half duplex when one side doesn't negotiate is correct behaviour. What happens if you set both sites to negotiate?

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.