IOS and destination NAT

Hello.

Here is a brief description of my problem:

I am trying to do destination-NAT using a cisco-router running IOS

12.2(15)T2

Interfaces: Interface FastEthernet0/1: public IP / ip nat outside

Interface FastEthernet0/0.1-0.X: public IPs / no nat

Interface Tunnel0: private IP - connection to private ip-networks / ip nat inside

At the moment the device is using NAT (SNAT) for the private IP-networks: ip nat inside source list NATList interface FastEthernet0/1 overload ip access-list extended NATList permit ip 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 any

permit ip 10.0.1.0 0.0.0.255 any

permit ip 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 any

permit ip 192.168.5.0 0.0.0.255 any

permit ip 172.8.0.0 0.0.0.255 any

... !

In addition I like to configuer now a Destination-NAT for some IPs connected at the moment via Fa0/0.Y to be forwarded somewhere into the private IP-Space, lets say: all traffic targeting public.ip.dnat.1 has to be forwarded to

192.168.2.11 and all traffic originating from 192.168.2.11 has to be NATed to public.ip.dnat.1.

I tried a lot - but gave me no usable results (for my understanding I need something like 'ip nat outside destination static ....' but ... you know thats not there ;-) I can do something like portforwarding - but no complete redirection

Maybe someone of you can help me untie the gordian knot in the head of a poor autodidact.

Thank you Best regards Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Zerwes
Loading thread data ...

Let me guess... DNS resolves to the external IP for something like a web or email server, but you need the NATed IP to be accessible to internal clients?

If so, I've already asked the question at

formatting link
Perhaps someone can help us out of this bind (no pun intended, if you've read that other thread).

Reply to
bthetford

Nope ;-) I did not wrote about DNS. I simply have problems setting up a DNAT.

I tried something like: ip nat inside source static 192.168.2.11 public.ip.dnat.1 ip nat outside source static public.ip.dnat.1 192.168.2.11 and other curios stuff

formatting link

Reply to
Klaus Zerwes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.