Policing from ATM hub to spokes over MPLS

Hi all,

I have hub site with an E3 ATM connection with a 4Mb PVC to a MPLS network which feeds two Frame Relay 2Mb spoke sites. I want to police the traffic to each spoke so that I don't exceed any of the three classes of traffic configured for each spoke site, ie splits it half and half.

At present I have my three classes of traffic voice (llq), important data and default. These are applied to the ATM PVC subinterface with a service policy and work fine. Obviously the issue is that the traffic is shaped by the vbr-nrt statement....

policy-map to-ipclear class cust-c1 priority 1000 police cir 1000000 conform-action set-prec-transmit 4 exceed-action drop class cust-c2 police cir 96000 conform-action set-prec-transmit 6 exceed-action set-prec-transmit 6 class class-default fair-queue police cir 3000000 conform-action set-prec-transmit 5 exceed-action set-prec-transmit 5 ! interface ATM1/0 bandwidth 34000 no ip address ip mtu 1500 no ip mroute-cache atm ilmi-keepalive ! interface ATM1/0.101 point-to-point bandwidth 4096 ip unnumbered Loopback1 no ip mroute-cache pvc siteA 1/32 vbr-nrt 4096 4096 service-policy output to-ipclear

Now, if I try to include parent and child policy maps so that I police (by subnet) the classes of traffic so that we have say 500K voice, 40K important data and 1.5Mb default to each spoke, applying the policy to the subinterface results in :- CBWFQ:Hierachy supported only if shaping is configured.....

I can't shape on the subinterface or on the main interface as I then get the error GTS:not supported. So, this all looks a bit catch 22!!

Looking on CCO, there are many examples for doing this on Ethernet interfaces but not ATM and not over MPLS with a single PVC. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious here but if anyone has a working config they could share it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Bob

Reply to
bob
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.