Policer configuration

Hello,

A few days ago I posted a message about setting up the policer on a

24-ported Catalyst 3750 Switch using CLI. Unfortunately, I didn't get any (useful) replies - perhaps because my question was too inaccurate. I'll try again:

The goal is to restrict all ingress traffic on a certain port, , to bps with a level of bytes, dropping traffic if is exceeded. I did the following using the CLI:

enable configure terminal policy-map my_policy class class-default police exceed-action drop exit configure terminal interface GigabitEthernet1/0/ service-policy input my_policy end

The above had absolutely no effect on the ingress rate on port . Also, if I do a "show policy-map interface" I can see the input policy on port , but the "5 minute offered rate" shows 0 bps and no drops.

Does the switch support policing at all? Do I need to create another class than "class-default"? Is there a final "apply changes" command that I don't know of?

Thx. René Bøje Nielsen

Reply to
rbn
Loading thread data ...

You may find the storm control command an easier way to do this...

formatting link

Reply to
bdalson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.