PIX IOS 7.X Version comparison?

I was trying to find a version comparison between the different 7.x versions of the PIX IOS.

Any leads would be great.

Thanks!

Reply to
Scott Townsend
Loading thread data ...

Cisco seldom produces an itemized list of differences between versions, and as far as I know there is no electronic tool for this purpose.

The closest you get is the release notes, which briefly describe the major changes, and which often offer long list of bug fixes. Especially in 7.x so far, it isn't uncommon for the difference between versions to consist almost entirely of bug fixes.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks!

Is there a preferred version to run then? I just Upgraded from 6.3 to

7.0(4) Should I go to 7.1(2)?

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Scott Townsend

I haven't figured out yet why they released 7.1. My speculation had been that it would be for a soon-to-be-announced new device, but that hasn't materialized. My next best guess is that it has something to do with PIX vs ASA, but I can't tell from the release notes.

I would suggest that this is a situation in which you should open a TAC case and ask about the difference. [I've shifted out of the networking side at work, so I don't have a TAC account now.]

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks! I'll let you know what they say.

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.