Pix 515 error

Hello,

I have a strange error appearing on a pix 515 serial console: process_create: out_of_memory when i try to connect through ssh. It returns a "connection closed by remote host" while trying this ssh connection.

As this error is not documented, has anyone an idea of how to solve it.

By now the only way i found is to electrically reboot it. The serial console is not responding, nothing is trap-logged anymore. But I can see through SNMP that the memory is half filled and cpu half used.

Reply to
Blouz
Loading thread data ...

In article , Blouz wrote: :I have a strange error appearing on a pix 515 serial console: :process_create: out_of_memory when i try to connect through ssh. :It returns a "connection closed by remote host" while trying this ssh connection.

:As this error is not documented, has anyone an idea of how to solve it.

I have been getting that lately on a PIX 501. "show conn" and "show xlate" counts were reasonable, and "show mem" appeared to indicate enough free memory to be servicable. However, when I "show mem detail" and look for the marker for "top most freeable block on the heap", I find it's at the size-0 fragment. That has implications about the memory management algorithm -- for some reason it's getting stuck unable to "dig deeper" to find an available allocatable block. Another "show mem detail" after reboot shows a -very- different distribution of memory, with the two special markers being exchanged relative to each other.

My analysis would be: bug in the software... but I don't know what -triggers- the bug. Clearing local-host and clearing xlates does not help.

I plan to open a case on this matter... but it turns out our vendor didn't get our support contracts registered, so I have to chase that thread first :(

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Any news on that point ?

Walter Roberson a =E9crit :

allocatable

different

Reply to
julien.contal

In article , top-posted:

|Walter Roberson a =E9crit : |> In article , |> Blouz wrote: |> :I have a strange error appearing on a pix 515 serial console: |> :process_create: out_of_memory when i try to connect through ssh.

|> I plan to open a case on this matter... but it turns out our vendor |> didn't get our support contracts registered

|Any news on that point ?

I finally got the registration numbers just yesterday, 2 2/3 months after we bought the contracts :(

I haven't had a chance to open the case yet.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.