Password Recovery for CISCO 836

can someone explain me how to get this thing going? I 've tryed standard procedure bits per second 1200 data bits 8 parity none stop bits 1 flow control none

nothing I can't get into ROMMON Also I've tryed same thing with bits per second 9600 and Ctrl + Break Still NOTHING? what next? Pls help REGARDS Bojan

Reply to
freshbojan28
Loading thread data ...

What to you mean nothing? You cannot even connect to the serial port or you cannot managed to change the Configuration register to be able to make enable mode password free and the change the one that you need. Regards.

Reply to
Agustin

Try

formatting link
It lists other possible ways to get into ROMMON

Cheers Dilan

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

Hi Bojan,

You may wish to investigate Cisco ROMmon Recovery Procedures.

formatting link
Routers may go into ROM monitor ( ROMmon ) mode for any of these reasons:

1. Boot failure.

1. The setting of the virtual configuration register forces the router to stop in ROMmon mode during the boot.

2. A break sequence is sent to the console. The console will normally ignore the break, except during the boot. However, the virtual configuration register of the router may be configured to allow a break sequence at all times.

For more information about the virtual configuration register, refer to:

Configuration Register

formatting link
To resolve your issue, please refer to the ROMmon recovery procedure that applies to your platform:

Cisco AS5200 Series

formatting link
Cisco AS5300, AS5350 and AS5400 Series

formatting link
Cisco 800 Series Router

formatting link
Cisco 1000 Series Router

formatting link
Cisco 1600 Series Router

formatting link
Cisco 1700 Series Router

formatting link
Cisco 2500, 3000, AS5100 and uBR900 Series Routers

formatting link
Cisco 2600 Series Router and the VG200

formatting link
Cisco 3600 Series Router

formatting link
Cisco 4000 Series Router

formatting link
Cisco 7000 ( RP ) Series

formatting link
Cisco 7200, 7300, 7400, 7500, RSP7000, Catalyst 5500 RSM, uBR7100, uBR7200, uBR10000, and 12000 Series Routers

formatting link
Cisco ROMmon Recovery Procedures:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.